Friday, November 15, 2013

Who Is Alluring Confidence?

 Hi Dolls I wanted to put together a fun get to know me blog for you, but instead of just reading what I have to say I thought I would also show you some photos. 
I hope you enjoy it.

About Me
My name is Jodi Thomas I'm 26 years old and I live in Kentucky with my two dogs Pepper and Brittany. I have a passion for fashion, makeup, jewelry and SHOES!!! I'm a shopaholic if I had a million dollars I could spend half of it at Bath and Body Works and the other half at TJ Maxx I love those stores.  

I have spent over 18 years of my life dedicated to the world of pageants, competing all around the United States on a state, national and international level. In the past 5 years I have turned to the other side of pageantry and became a judge and emcee I even stated my own national pageant system.  


I am a graduate of John Robert Powers school of modeling and acting. The photos above was for my Zed cards that I would give to the directors or agents when I would go on casting calls. So let me tell you the story behind these photos, this photo shoot took a little over 14 and a half hours!!! The photos in the blue sweater was taken outside and the sun was going down so that was an issue in itself. But the photos in the orange sweater was the worse, I had to get in this tiny tiny box that had 3 walls the back wall had the background built in. Ok so I'm in this tiny box for about 3 hours and the makeup artist comes to do a touch up and the photographer says Oh I don't have a memory card in my camera, WHAT r u kidding me!!!! I was so thrilled when that photo shoot was over.  

What I love 
I'm crazy about Elvis I'm obsessed with Bath and Body Works and I have way to many nail polishes. I love collecting Juicy couture charms they are so adorable I love Betsey Johnson jewelry and I buy way to much makeup, and I have way to many pairs of shoes but can a girl really have to many pairs of shoes?  

My Family
I couldn't have asked for a better family they are amazing and I love them very much.

I was blessed with two of the most amazing parents a girl could ask for, they are so supportive of everything I do. I couldn't have asked for better parents, I don't know what I would do without them.  

I have one amazing sister Jeana even though she's older then me we are very close. 

I have one brother Matthew even though I don't get to see him as often as I would like to we still have a close bond.

I have one niece and two nephews that I adore, I became an aunt at the age of three. My niece and I are extremely close I call her my other half. My niece Courtney is 3 years younger then me my oldest nephew Chris is 20 and my youngest nephew Matthew is 12. 

I'm a mom of 2, fur babies that is lol this is Pepper she's a jack Russel/dachshund mix. I rescued her from our local humane society when she was 11 month old now shes 6 years old!

3 Months after getting Pepper my aunt surprised me for my 21st birthday with this little cutie. This is Brittany shes a miniature shih tzu and I've had her since she was 3 months old shes now 5, they grow up so fast lol. 

This blog post wouldn't be complete without me telling you about the person that has meant the world to me and that's my mamaw. She was called home 8 years ago last month (October) after a battle with cancer, not a day has went by in the past 8 years that I haven't thought about her. Everyone tells you that it gets easier each day and for the most part I think that's true, but that doesn't mean that you forget about them or that you don't still get emotional when their names brought up. 8 years later and I still get emotional when I talk about my mamaw or I see photos of her but I think that's only natural when you lose someone that you was really close to. I have so many great memories with my mamaw that I will always treasure. She loved the lord more then anything and that gives me so much peace knowing were she is today, and that I will one day be reunited with her in heaven. 

If theirs anything that you ever take with you from my blog I hope that its this, never take life for granite and live every day to the fullest. Spend as much time as you can with your family and make as many memories as possible because that's what you will treasure forever. When my mamaw passed away I learned just that because when the day comes and our loved ones are no longer here that's what you treasure the most is the memories that you made together. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm in tears after reading about your grandma that was so heartfelt and touching. You are so insperational you have inspired me to spend more quality time with my family so thank you for that. I am so excited that you are blogging again I checked your blog all the time to see if you had posted anything. I just wanted to let you know that I am a huge fan of yours, I can't wait for your other blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley Thank you so much for that sweet message and all the nice things you said, that made my day :) I am so happy to be blogging again, thank you for being a follower and viewing my blog.

    Thanks,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete